Certified for U.S. Military moves in the Hudson Valley since 1996. A life in the military means a life on the move. Triangle Movers is a trusted, certified moving company for the men, women and families of our Armed Forces including the U.S. Military Academy. Triangle Movers offers complete and comprehensive moving services for military members, customized to provide the most pleasant and smooth military move possible. We are located only 15 miles from West Point. Whether you are located in West Point, Newburgh, Poughkeepsie, Yonkers or anywhere in the Hudson Valley, our expert staff will complete your move on schedule, without any hidden costs and with your valuable belongings delivered to your new destination safely and without any damage.
PCS Moving ServicesMilitary moving requires a combination of logistical planning, packing & moving. We offer full military PCS moving services in an effort to help with your move. Triangle Movers can manage your move and arrange PCS shipping for all your household goods. All your possessions will be delivered straight to your new destination on time. Triangle Movers is a local, family-owned Hudson Valley moving company with a strong sense of dedication to the men and women of the military, so whether your move is local, out-of-state or international, we will work tirelessly to give you superior customer service care.
Personal Procurement Move InformationWe are dedicated to your complete satisfaction. The U.S. Military provides the opportunity for all service members to arrange their own move. This is known as a Personal Procurement Move (PPM) or commonly referred to as Do It Yourself moving (DITY Moving). PPM moving allows service members to have greater control over the outcome of their move. With PPM, you have full control of the logistics of your move which gives you the opportunity to check moving costs as well as getting to know and choose your own moving company. Triangle Movers has experience with helping and completing a variety of PPMs.
Things to consider when planning a PPM or DITY move:
- Any service member must have their PPM pre-approved. After receiving your PCS orders, meet with the staff at the Personal Property Transportation Office (PTO) to receive all your needed paperwork.
- Determine the type of move you will be having. Decide whether to have a moving company do all the work for you. Factors to consider if you choose to do everything yourself are rental and equipment arrangements. Your PTO representative can provide you with recommendations for where to find everything you are looking for.
- When admitted into the PPM program, you receive a government payment of 95% of what it would cost the government to move you. If you spend less then what the 95% would be, you get to keep the rest.
- PPM payment is based on “weight tickets”. You will need to submit a loaded weight and an empty weight for your PCS shipment, even if you are hiring a moving company. The government authorizes a weight limit for you based on your current military rank as well as your family status.
- Keep receipts for all moving expenses. Maximize your profit by keeping track of all the expenses you made in order to complete your move. This includes packing material, rental equipment, gas, etc.
- Submit your settlement as soon as possible after your move. You will only have 45 days to submit a claim for full payment of your PPM allowance.