Movers Serving New Windsor, New YorkDo you plan on moving to or from the New Windsor area? Located only two hours north of New York City, New Windsor is a perfect place to settle down and escape the hectic city life. If you’re looking for New Windsor movers, give Triangle Movers a call! Triangle Movers are the movers New Windsor, NY has counted on for more than 35 years. With our decades of local and international moving experience. We will accommodate all your moving and storage needs. Our family owned, and operated services offer free estimates and ensure flat rates with no surprises. With our expertise, we will make sure your move is a simple one. We are proud to serve the city of New Windsor and Orange County.
Moving to New Windsor, NYLocated in Orange County, New Windsor is a town with an estimated 25,000 people. It borders Newburgh, the hometown of Triangle Movers. East of the Hudson River, New Windsor offers many river activities. Those who like relaxing and swimming can spend the day at one of the many Orange County parks that have sandy beaches and beautiful views. New Windsor is also a great place for adventure seekers. Here are some of our favorite things to do in New Windsor:
- Just a kayak trip away, you can travel to Pollepel Island and explore Bannerman’s Castle, while the Stewart State Forest welcomes all hikers and mountain bikers.
- New Windsor also has a historic past. History lovers can visit many Revolutionary War landmarks and monuments, including the Edmonston House, Knox’s Headquarters and the Temple of Virtue.
- In autumn, the best thing to do is visit the Storm King Art Center. Positioned throughout 500 acres of land, it is the perfect combination of nature and beautiful art.
Planning Your Move To New WindsorIf you’re planning a move to New Windsor — or any nearby town — Triangle Movers can put our decades of experience to work for you. However, a lot of the work that goes into moving takes place in the months leading up to moving day. Here are some moving and packing tips from our partners at Stevens Worldwide Van Lines.
- Start planning early. If you have the luxury of time, don’t let it slip away from you. About two months ahead of time is a good window to begin. Start doing research.
- Everyone wants to save money on a move. However, be careful about the types of cuts you make. For example, moving a swing set may cost $275, but buying a new swing set may cost less than that. Reusing cardboard boxes may seem like a good idea, but if those are cheap cardboard boxes or if they’re structurally deficient, they may not protect your items as well. Triangle Movers sells moving boxes, bubble wrap and packing materials.
- You’ve heard it before, and it sounds like a chore. But decluttering is a good thing. You want to reduce the weight of your belongings, and you don’t want to bring old clutter into your new home. Read our comprehensive guide to decluttering.
- Create a checklist. Checklists help you avoid missing a key element of your move. You’ll need to add the following items: change of address form, inventory of your items, turn off utilities, notifying schools, research doctors in your new location, dispose of hazardous materials, such as gasoline, bleach and weed killers. These are among the items that movers cannot transport.
- Keep one box or suitcase with you that includes a change of clothes, toiletries, medication, important paperwork and things that you cannot live without for more than a day. It’s a good idea to put this in your personal vehicle before the movers arrive, so they don’t pack it on the moving truck.