Triangle Movers has been serving families and businesses in the Hudson Valley for more than 35 years. Recently, we’ve noticed more and more people relocating to North Carolina and South Carolina, so we decided it would be a good idea to provide those on the move with some information on their new home. For those of you moving from the Hudson Valley to North Carolina or South Carolina, here are some things you should know:North Carolina
- Visit the State Fair – Held in mid-October, the North Carolina State Fair is an absolute must, and practically required if you’d like to call yourself a North Carolinian.
- If you love craft beer, you’ve come to the right place – Home to nearly 100 microbreweries and brewpubs, North Carolina is very accommodating to beer lovers.
- Learn the landmarks – If you take directions by using local landmarks, you’ll fit right in. While you’re finding your way around town, make sure you check out the Giant Dresser (yes, it’s exactly what it sounds like).
- North Carolina is tailored to those who like heights – From Whitewater Falls, the highest waterfall on the East Coast, to the Mile High Swinging Bridge on Grandfather Mountain, you’re sure to find something to induce your inner acrophobia.
- Like to dance? – There’s a new step for you to learn: the Carolina Shag. Grab a partner, take your cues from others, and join in!
- Hot sauce heaven – Throw away your trusty bottle of Tabasco and try out the multitude of locally-made sauces. But beware, some are not to be taken lightly.
- The birthplace of sweet tea – If you’re a sweet tea fan, get it from its birthplace: Summerville, South Carolina.
- The cuisine – Give your taste buds a workout with hushpuppies, homemade biscuits, blue crab, and some of the best BBQ you can get your hands on.
Decided on which Carolina better suits your needs yet? We hope our list helps you assimilate into your new home, so you can kick-off your new southern lifestyle with ease. And if you need assistance with your move to North Carolina or South Carolina from the Hudson Valley, choose Triangle Movers. For a free quote, fill out our online estimate form, or call us today.